Speedometer doens't work.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speedometer doens't work.

I have bougt a speedometer with a new cable. Is there any electric that you need to connect of just the cable?

Thanks

If it has a cable that is all you need for the tach to operate. You may need to go in and lube the tach needle shaft. These mechanical tachs can be a little off as far as calibration goes.

I presently have a problem with my tach...the Motion Pro cable I just recently purchased was not up to standards. One end of the cable should extend 19mm out of the cable housing while the other end of the cable is flush with the other end of the cable housing. Mine was only 6mm past the end so it was not sliding into the tach itself...Motion Pro is sending another right now.

Hap

Comment

But the day miles works

Comment

Erik, I had my head up a dark place..you asked a question about your speedometer and I answered with a reply about tachometers...sorry.

Still, you should need only the cable to get the speedo to work. If you can, pull out the speedo and see if the needle is frozen...you may need to lube some part of the speedo.

Hap

Comment

Working...
        X