Throttle Cable Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Throttle Cable Needed

I am in need of a throttle cable for a 79 550L. Bought one off of ebay that was for a GS550 but it was not the correct part. It would be great if someone could give me the correct part number for this part or let me know where I could source the part number and the part. This cable is constructed of black plastic where it screws into the throttle housing and the threaded portion is quite large. Much larger than the chrome cable set I purchased off of ebay......Anyone needing a cable for a GS550..I have one for sale...

Throttle Cable neeeded

Thanks for the response. The one on ebay looks like the one on my bike but it doesnt say that it is for the 79 550L..

Comment

Replacing is perhaps better, but.....

If you cannot find the exact one you need, and your original cable sheath is still OK, you can use a brake cable inner from a bicycle to do the job. It will be a slightly smaller diameter, but that means nothing as there is far more pull exerted on a bicycle's brake cable than you will be using on your throttle.
      Bertrand Russell: 'Men are born ignorant, not stupid. They are made stupid by education.'

Comment

Re: Throttle Cable Needed

The cable you need is available at

and their part number for it is 1553. Cost is $10.95
        I have ben dealing with these people for years and have never had them send a wrong part. You can also phone them and they will actually answer the phone in person and help you if you need it. :-)

Earl

Originally posted by venoy
        I am in need of a throttle cable for a 79 550L. Bought one off of ebay that was for a GS550 but it was not the correct part. It would be great if someone could give me the correct part number for this part or let me know where I could source the part number and the part. This cable is constructed of black plastic where it screws into the throttle housing and the threaded portion is quite large. Much larger than the chrome cable set I purchased off of ebay......Anyone needing a cable for a GS550..I have one for sale...
        All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Throttle Cable Needed

Thanks you Earlfor....I ordered the part # 1533 from them today, along with a windshield....Ordered them on two separate orders and then called them to see if they could combine the shipment, which they were happy to do. Sounds like good people...Thanks for the help..

Mickey

Comment

Re: Throttle Cable Needed

Of the many places I have ordered parts from on the internet, they are the best. usually, I get an order from them in about 3-4 days. Once, I waited two weeks, nothing........, so I called and asked about it. They checked and found it had been misfiled. They apologized, and sent my order next day, no shipping charge, no charge for the parts and put a written apology in the box for their mistake. If they have what I need, I buy from them because of their service and they actively try to do it right. :-)

Earl

Originally posted by venoy
            Thanks you Earlfor....I ordered the part # 1533 from them today, along with a windshield....Ordered them on two separate orders and then called them to see if they could combine the shipment, which they were happy to do. Sounds like good people...Thanks for the help..

Mickey
            All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Working...
            X