GS 850..maintenance free battery?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS 850..maintenance free battery?

Does anyone know of a specific model, maintenance free battery, that can be used on a gs 850L? None of my usual sources (Dennis Kirk, J.C. Whitney,.. etc) seem to carry one. Their charts show a "Powermax" model for the 850, but no one seems to actually stock it. Any help appreciated

Odyssey makes dry cell motorcycle batteries.

Steve

Comment

Re: GS 850..maintenance free battery?

Write down the battery number your bike normally uses and go to your local battery supply house/dealer or auto supply. The will cross reference it and order it for you. I have maint free bat's in both of my bikes and that is how I got them. Its unlikely you will find a dealer stocking maint free cycle bat's since there is so little demand. Their supplier will normally have them and its usually less than a week to get one.

Earl

Originally posted by opiewontaylor
      Does anyone know of a specific model, maintenance free battery, that can be used on a gs 850L? None of my usual sources (Dennis Kirk, J.C. Whitney,.. etc) seem to carry one. Their charts show a "Powermax" model for the 850, but no one seems to actually stock it. Any help appreciated
      Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

That human beings can not bear too much reality, explains so much.

Comment

Earl: What do you think of the maintenance free batteries, I take it you're using lead acid ones? I've always had to break open my car and vans maintenance free batteries to re-fill them every once in a while.

Steve

Comment

Working...
        X