microlined

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

microlined

Since this seems to be a place where stupid questions are tolerated...I saw an add for a GS that listed many performance mods and indicated the bike had even been microlined. I am at an utter loss. any ideas about what this means?

Thanks

RG

I'd never heard the term before relating to anything other than vacumn cleaner bags. I have no idea what the guy means. I have had crankshafts micropolished before, but never microlined. Only guess I can come up with is it has something to do with oil retention on cylinder walls(which seems like a bad idea to me), or the guy has no idea of what he is talking about.

EDIT: I just remembered what we used to do for the cylinder walls was called crosshatching with the hone. Maybe this is what he means by microlined, although I doubt it.

Comment

SSSSSSSSSSSnake oil?? :twisted:

Comment

actually lining the fuel tank I believe

Comment

The only thing that I know that comes close to this is microfiching wich is used for bikes being stolen. You get a sheet with little sticker dots with a small code on them that you put on any part of the bike you want wich can be identified when a bike is found with the numbers grinded out.

Comment

Working...
          X