Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

81 GS750 Pivot Shaft

Hello,

Does anyone know the length and diameter of the swinging arm pivot shaft for a 1981 GS750E. The bolt sheered off, and I don't want to just take it out, I would rather pound a new one in as the old one is pushed out. Thanks for your help.

Bruce

For an 82GS750 which should be the same it is 13 " long with the last 3/4" threaded , you convert it to metric BUT Why not just get one from your dealer??

Comment

If you can't get one local PM me I have a spare in my parts box.

Comment

Re: 81 GS750 Pivot Shaft

You dont want to use a new pivot bolt to drive an old one out. You will mash the threads on the end of the new bolt and just be buying another one and doing it over.

Earl

Originally posted by SharkBait
        Hello,

Does anyone know the length and diameter of the swinging arm pivot shaft for a 1981 GS750E. The bolt sheered off, and I don't want to just take it out, I would rather pound a new one in as the old one is pushed out. Thanks for your help.

Bruce
        Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

Well ended up just taking it by the nut and buying the bolt, the 1/2 rod stock I used was just a little too small, so 41 bucks later and along with buying a new chain, my bike rides 1000% better, just like a new bike. Only need to replace my front tire and I'll be ready for another summer of great riding. 8)

Comment

Working...
          X