fuel cock leak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fuel cock leak

Hello every one I am very new at all of this and riding.
    I just got a 1983 Suzuki GS 750E the person who sold it to me said that the fuel cock leaks, Itook it apart I noticed he had used some kind of clear apoxy type glue over the oval O ring, I cleaned and put it back together, it is leaking very bad. Can this be fixed ? or should I buy a new fuel cock ?. The suzuki dealer told me I have to buy the whole assy. any suggetions will be appreciated. Thank you :P

ps. If am doing anythink wrong in the way i am submiting this post please someone correct me

look on EBAY I saw some rebuild kits there the other day.

Comment

If someone has allready been f### with it I woud just replace it depending on how much you want to spend Most recomend a Pingle cost $100 or you can get a replacement for $48 Look at the bottom of the page for stock replacements

Comment

double post...deleted
        Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

Originally posted by earlfor
          I just ordered a Pingle 6211AH and adapter plate yesterday for a 1978 GS 1000 N. the Pingle valve was $64.60 and the adapter plate A1702c cost $11.35. I buy them from STREETFIGHTERS at

I think the Pingel is ten times better than the stock petcock. However, it is a mechanical on/off petcock. This means that you MUST turn off the fuel before turning off the ignition and you cannot forget even once to turn it off. If you forget, you MUST change the oil before starting the engine.

Earl

Originally posted by SqDancerLynn1
          If someone has allready been f### with it I woud just replace it depending on how much you want to spend Most recomend a Pingle cost $100 or you can get a replacement for $48 Look at the bottom of the page for stock replacements
          http://www.cyclewareables.com/pages/...uelpetcock.htm

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

Hell everyone, thanks for the addresses and the tips. It is very incouraging to have such info.
            One other topic. the chain that I removed to clean had O rings on it and some of them were broken. do i need to get a new chain? and where would you folks recomend. Thank you.

Ard :roll:

Comment

I buy chains and sprockets from Dennis Kirk. Their page is

I'm using RK chains and very pleased with them.
              Yes, if the "O" rings on the chain are broken, it is time for a new chain. You should also check your sprocket teeth for wear. The teeth should be square edged and have no signs of beveling on the edges.
              Earl

Originally posted by ard
              Hell everyone, thanks for the addresses and the tips. It is very incouraging to have such info.
              One other topic. the chain that I removed to clean had O rings on it and some of them were broken. do i need to get a new chain? and where would you folks recomend. Thank you.

Ard :roll:

Comment

thank you 8O

Comment

Working...
                X