Voltmeter and clock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Voltmeter and clock

is anyone using a digital voltmeter and clock, it has 3 wires. positive , neg, and 1 that says to hook up to a positive source controlled by ignition, i used the ignition fuse on a 82 GS 1100 E, what is the pupose of that and it is always on, will it drain the battery?

Where did you find the volt meter clock? If only it had a thermometer in it, that would be perfect. I can't say for sure if it will drain the battery, but if you are concerned half of the fuses only come on when the ignition is turned on. The power from the ignition fuse (aux fuse as well) goes up to the switch and once the switch is turned on this power is directed to the rest of the fuses.

Steve

Comment

it does have the thermo, i got it from www.bigbikeparts.com, but then u need to find a retailer near by it was only 26 bucks

Comment

33 bucks out of a dealer in Ottawa I'll have to see if I can go pick one up instead of order it.

Comment

same one

Comment

Dude, I am no electronics tech but I would suspect the positive always hot wire is to keep the clock on and accurate. the one that goes to the ignitions is more likely to light it up and display it when your machine is one. I would suspect the always on wire is a very minimal current draw!

Comment

Volt meter

Radio Shack sell a volt meter and temperature gauge.

Welcome to RadioShack's official website. Search and shop for electronics, gaming devices, powerbanks, audio products and business traveling gear.

Kevan

Comment

yes i seen that one at RS, i don't think it's waterproof like the other one though, i just wanted it for the V-meter, after losing my R/R, but the clock is nice, guess i'll just have to charge more often

Comment

Originally posted by bostrom155
                  yes i seen that one at RS, i don't think it's waterproof like the other one though, i just wanted it for the V-meter, after losing my R/R, but the clock is nice, guess i'll just have to charge more often

Bostrom, may I ask where/how you mounted this unit on the 1100E...there does'nt seem to be much usable space....how is it working for you so far?

Tony.
                  '82 GS1100E

Comment

Working...
                  X