No announcement yet.

I think my kill swith is bad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kill switch? What's that? I use the key to shut off the bike. Kill switches are for dirt bikes. It's just one more unnecessary thing to cause problems. 8)
    Kevin
    E-Bay: gsmcyclenut
    "Communism doesn't work because people like to own stuff." Frank Zappa

1978 GS750(x2 "projects"), 1983 GS1100ED (slowly becoming a parts bike), 1982 GS1100EZ,
    Now joined the 21st century, 2013 Yamaha XTZ1200 Super Tenere.

Comment

Kill switch? What's that? I use the key to shut off the bike. Kill switches are for dirt bikes. It's just one more unnecessary thing to cause problems. 8)
      Kevin
      E-Bay: gsmcyclenut
      "Communism doesn't work because people like to own stuff." Frank Zappa

1978 GS750(x2 "projects"), 1983 GS1100ED (slowly becoming a parts bike), 1982 GS1100EZ,
      Now joined the 21st century, 2013 Yamaha XTZ1200 Super Tenere.

Comment

Originally posted by mcycle-nut
        Hey NUT 8O
        I cant believe your name is nut but any how if you were not just joking is it possible that where you live, the standard motorcycles are not blessed with the kill switch. They are truly a pain--once when my brother was bringin his monster kz1300 dresser home for the first time, he put the throttlr lock on and accidently hit the kill switch with his oversized mits and we at first thought the whole electric system had died- I did somehing similar in my garage last week. BTW i have 2 kill switches on my bike--one is just a momentary button.

Comment

I had been using the kill switch to turn off my bike, but I think I'll use the key now. Is there any reason not to just leave the switch in the 'run' position when the bike is parked? it seems to defeat the purpose if i shut the bike down w/ the key and then flick the switch anyway....

just wondering

Comment

Originally posted by Philly_Chris
            I had been using the kill switch to turn off my bike, but I think I'll use the key now. Is there any reason not to just leave the switch in the 'run' position when the bike is parked? it seems to defeat the purpose if i shut the bike down w/ the key and then flick the switch anyway....

just wondering
            I believe that the kill switch is just an emergency feature that was mandated by some senator whose favorite pastime was knitting--But it is a good emergency tool in the event your throttle is stuck open etc--most of us never use it except to see if it functiones --and i will go so far as to say that most of us always leave the thing in the on position

Comment

I will from now on scotty......leave it on

Comment

Working...
              X