No announcement yet.

1979 GS1000L Turns over but does not start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think I may have found a used one for $25 bucks. If the holes are the right distance apart. This will at least let me get it up and running and if this does not work...I will go the pingle route....I am just concerned about forgetting to shut it off.....

Comment

Originally posted by Marine
      I think I may have found a used one for $25 bucks. If the holes are the right distance apart. This will at least let me get it up and running and if this does not work...I will go the pingle route....I am just concerned about forgetting to shut it off.....
      you will be amazed at how quick you will learn to remember to shut it off

Comment

Too true!!

Dm of mD

Comment

I do not have anything to measure in metric millimeter. If I order a pingle will they be able to convert it for me? There is approx 1.75inches from center of screw hole to center of screw hole.

Comment

Marine, 1.75 inches converts to about 44.45 mm here is a link that will convert anything http://www.convert-me.com/en

Comment

Slopoke,

Just ordered a Pingle from Murdoch Racing. Should arrive here tomorrow!! Thanks for the lead, and very reasonable on the pricing. Will let you all know how it turns out. Thanks again for all of the advise!

Comment

just for the record guys, the L model has no "Prime" position on the factory petcock. Also standard diaphragm replacement kits don't work for it cause it uses a larger diaphragm than the standard GS. Positions on the petcock are ON and RES. Factory unit sells for about $50 and last time I checked was still available from Suzuki.

Comment

Does it work?

Marine

Did that solve your problem? Do you have a running bike now?

Comment

Yep...have a running bike. I have to do a little fine tuning...but took it out for its first ride in 8 years this past Sunday. It is an awesome bike, can not wait to get it running to its true ability!

Comment

Working...
                    X