Turn Signal Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turn Signal Question

Can anyone please tell me what the differences are between the 80's turn signal control units and the 70's turn signal control units. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

it depends on the bike/bikes.
    if you are refering to a 78 GS1000 and a 80 gs1000, the 80 has self cancel turnsignals

Comment

Sorry about that everyone, I am talking about the gs1000's.

Comment

sounds like you recieved your answer

Comment

Next question is, Can i wire one up to my motorcycle? Is it just one extra wire for the self cancelling. if so can i buy a new turn signal switch for a 1980 gs1000 and add the self canceling feature to my bike or not. Thanks for the help.

Comment

if you can find a donor 80 model with good condition wire harness and get the entire system to include the switch I would say that to be the best method to put one on your beast

Comment

Not guaranteed, but I think the "78" 1000 E self canceling system was the same as the "80" 1000 self canceling system. They flash for apprx. 15 sec. if bike is rolling 12 mph or faster, will flash forever if rolling less than 12 mph. The handlebar control should be the only difference.

Comment

which one also had the push in to cancel feture

Comment

on my 78 you have to push down to cancel it, i have only ever test rode it twice because i am still getting it road ready, so i don't know about the auto canceling. turn signal haven't worked right since i owned the bike.

Comment

go thru and clean all contacts thuroughly to include inside your relay and also in the TSCU box. bad connections are a major culpret of electrics not working.

Comment

It will require a major rewire to add the self canceling turn signals to your bike Just make sure to use 1980 or newer system 79 had lots of problems with the control module

Comment

So how much rewiring are we talking about to do this?

Comment

You also have to add the speed and distance sensors. I posted awhile back about a add on self canceling turn signal system I can't find it I need to search

Comment

Working...
                          X