Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fork bracket/remove?

Hi All

My GS1100E -82 has a Metal bracket from forkleg to forkleg above the weel, does this have any practical function ? (stability ? or...)
    Can I remove it without any stability problems ??????

Best Reg.
    KnutK

Sounds like an aftermarket for brace. They were used to keep the fork legs tracking. If you have one - I'd keep it.

Comment

I agree with Steve. You'll definitely notice less stability around the corners if you get rid of it.

Before I knew it was there, I dropped $130 on a beauttiful Telefix fork brace and convinced myself I could tell the difference. It was redundant and I suspect I was delusional.
      "When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why they are poor, they call me a communist." Bishop Helder Camara

"Beware of the man with only one gun. He probably knows how to use it."

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a2...dStatesMap.jpg

82 GS1100E....black w/WC fairing and plenty o corrosion and low levels of attention

Comment

Thank you guys
        Then I`ll keep it on.
        ( Even the best are good enough )

KnutK

Comment

I had an 82 Seca Turbo and it handled ..eh..OK from the factory but had a little squirming in turns at high speed or with a load of force. I later found out that there was an after market fork brace made just for this bike that most owners considered a mandatory mod to ake the bike stable like it should be. I raced around for years and sold it without ever putting one on and was happy with the handling. But I have since had a chance to ride one with it on and although it has been a long time I could tell that it was a lot tighter in the turns than my bike was. Very true and very responsive.

Comment

Working...
          X