Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kickstart on a GS450? Clymer references...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kickstart on a GS450? Clymer references...

I just got a Clymer manual for my 81 GS450T, and it references a kickstart in the service sections. Is there any chance I can get a kickstart from a GS 400-450 and adapt it to mine? Anyone heard of this being done in any way?

I want a kickstart. Call me crazy.

Re: Kickstart on a GS450? Clymer references...

Originally posted by asc
    I just got a Clymer manual for my 81 GS450T, and it references a kickstart in the service sections. Is there any chance I can get a kickstart from a GS 400-450 and adapt it to mine? Anyone heard of this being done in any way?

I want a kickstart. Call me crazy.
    I don't know about the kickstart thing, but isn't the Clymer manual on the 450 Twins a heck of a lot better than the Haynes one? I consider the Haynes a waste of money, unless you've got one of the other models they seem to focus on more. The 450's are more like an afterthought in that one.

Comment

I'm prepared to sell my GS Twins Clymer. It doesn't have a single thing for my 400E in it. The manual was bought new by me but it got wet during a trip so it's got some minor mold stains but it's still perfectly readable which is what matters. I could scan in the worst page to show condition. I can sell it for 15US including shipping within NorthAmerica if you don't want to buy one from ebay.

Steve

Comment

No idears from the crew?

It's not critical, just curious. I'm trying to build a stand for it as we speak.

Comment

Working...
        X