New rear-wheel bearing going in tonight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New rear-wheel bearing going in tonight

Well i got the new Bearing and i am going to install it tonight....Hopefully this will solve the Clicking problems that I am getting from the rear wheel....Only time will tell..............................

Remember when we were kids and put a card in our spokes with a clothes pin, just to HAVE a click in the back wheel?

Did you guys ever cut the forks off of other bikes, add them to yours and make a raked out beast of a bike with a tall sissy bar and ape hangar hadlebars? LOL

Tim

Comment

Did you guys ever cut the forks off of other bikes, add them to yours and make a raked out beast of a bike with a tall sissy bar and ape hangar hadlebars? LOL

Tim[/quote]

Damn right I would .......Just don't try to jump stuff with the other forks on...I learned the hard way.....I think that is what is wrong with me now

Comment

old swhinn stingrays! used to cut the forks they would turn out looking like a bunch of s`s hooked together.

Comment

Originally posted by tbarnby

Tim
          No, we didn't have extra forks kicking around. We used thick electrical conduit and just hammered them onto the forks. Yes, once and a while they would fall off, but that's the way it was. Sometimes they were so long the front ends became too light. A buddy of mine had a big piece of lead hanging by a piece of rope to keep his front end down. The elementary school principal saw it and banned it from the school grounds. He rode it the next day.... 8)
          Kevin
          E-Bay: gsmcyclenut
          "Communism doesn't work because people like to own stuff." Frank Zappa

1978 GS750(x2 "projects"), 1983 GS1100ED (slowly becoming a parts bike), 1982 GS1100EZ,
          Now joined the 21st century, 2013 Yamaha XTZ1200 Super Tenere.

Comment

Working...
          X