Oil Filter part number needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oil Filter part number needed

Does anyone have a part number for any MFR oil filter for my '83 750E??

Bikebandit doesn't list a match for the OEM part number - #1651045040. They list a Fram part for '77-'79/'83, and a Hiflofiltro (?) part number for the same year. No K&N part listed for the '83. The Hiflofiltro part number cross-references to an OEM part number which doesn't match the one above, making me nervous.

All three mfr's list parts for an '85 GS700E, which should be the same engine. Will the filters for the 700 work??

Just when I think I've got it all fingered, I get thrown like this. In my experience, that '77-'79/83 part is probably for a 750T model (or an "S" model Katana - been through that nightmare).

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

-Q!

Heck - nevermind. I just found it under Bikebandit's part number. They didn't recognize the OEM number because i didn't put a &$%* hyphen in it.

But still - it's only coming up with one part, so I lose the option of chosing which brand of filter I want. I love old bikes. No, really.... (that, and I'm a bit bent about BB only selling spark plugs in boxes of 10).

-Q!

Comment

fram ch 6001 seems to fit most. Works on my 1100, and my gs 500e.

Comment

The replacement is a Fram CH6000. Actually, the 6000 comes with an o-ring for my 400. The 1100 o-ring is different so the CH6000 becomes a CH600X where X varies by o-ring. At 5 bucks Canadian each I think the OEM is a pretty good deal but you don't get the o-ring. That's something like 4 bucks US.

Steve

Comment

Working...
        X