I learned something about oil temp today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can be very accurate...

And you don't really care what it reads, just trends and unusual readings.
    Where did you find this ebay guage?
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymous
      Apparently my 400 has plain bearings so it is a concern for me.

Steve
      only if your 400 is a 1980 or newer 8 valve engine, the 78 and older 400 has a roller bearing crank.

Comment

I care....

Originally posted by tkent02
        And you don't really care what it reads, just trends and unusual readings.
        Where did you find this ebay guage?
        I do care what it reads, BUT, I wanted to find out if anyone on here had an idea how ACCURATE this type of temp gauge actually is. And since I have not yet had a chance to ride my bike and see what readings I get I can't really tell if in fact this temp gauge is accurate.

Does anyone here know what readings (operating temp. range) I should get with my 1979 GS1000E? I just want to know what to look for since someone here mentioned that these aircooled versions don't like to idle for longer than a few minutes in warm/hot weather

Comment

Originally posted by mkaczmarek
          I do care what it reads, BUT, I wanted to find out if anyone on here had an idea how ACCURATE this type of temp gauge actually is. And since I have not yet had a chance to ride my bike and see what readings I get I can't really tell if in fact this temp gauge is accurate.

Does anyone here know what readings (operating temp. range) I should get with my 1979 GS1000E? I just want to know what to look for since someone here mentioned that these aircooled versions don't like to idle for longer than a few minutes in warm/hot weather
          Operating temp should be around 190 F (about 88 celsius)
          85 GS1150E May '06 BOM
          79 GS1000S Wes Cooley Beast

Comment

Working...
          X