I learned something about oil temp today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can be very accurate...

And you don't really care what it reads, just trends and unusual readings.
    Where did you find this ebay guage?

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymous
      Apparently my 400 has plain bearings so it is a concern for me.

Steve
      only if your 400 is a 1980 or newer 8 valve engine, the 78 and older 400 has a roller bearing crank.

Comment

I care....

Originally posted by tkent02
        And you don't really care what it reads, just trends and unusual readings.
        Where did you find this ebay guage?
        I do care what it reads, BUT, I wanted to find out if anyone on here had an idea how ACCURATE this type of temp gauge actually is. And since I have not yet had a chance to ride my bike and see what readings I get I can't really tell if in fact this temp gauge is accurate.

Does anyone here know what readings (operating temp. range) I should get with my 1979 GS1000E? I just want to know what to look for since someone here mentioned that these aircooled versions don't like to idle for longer than a few minutes in warm/hot weather

Comment

Originally posted by mkaczmarek
          I do care what it reads, BUT, I wanted to find out if anyone on here had an idea how ACCURATE this type of temp gauge actually is. And since I have not yet had a chance to ride my bike and see what readings I get I can't really tell if in fact this temp gauge is accurate.

Does anyone here know what readings (operating temp. range) I should get with my 1979 GS1000E? I just want to know what to look for since someone here mentioned that these aircooled versions don't like to idle for longer than a few minutes in warm/hot weather
          Operating temp should be around 190 F (about 88 celsius)
          85 GS1150E May '06 BOM
          79 GS1000S Wes Cooley Beast

Comment

Working...
          X