brakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

brakes

buying first time brake pads for my 81 gs850g. Any comments on the good brand? Any good places to get them?

Also my brake fluid reservoar is showing age, is there a CHEAP aftermarket replacement for it? Any ideas welcome

Thanks

Re: brakes

I love Vesrah brake pads. I buy mine at

They also list some brake system parts, rebuild kits etc. Their site does not list everything they have or can get. If you dont see it, call them. their phone number is on the site. I've delt with them for years. Great people. I give them 4 stars. :-)

Earl

Originally posted by toolman
    buying first time brake pads for my 81 gs850g. Any comments on the good brand? Any good places to get them?

Also my brake fluid reservoar is showing age, is there a CHEAP aftermarket replacement for it? Any ideas welcome

Thanks
    All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

earlfor, dude you've been my savior.

Thanks again for all the help!

Comment

I've used Vesrah pads in the past, as well as EBC, SBS, generic brand (Sullivan Brothers, probably made by EBC), and stock. I can't tell the difference in performance. I've owned four 850's and now my 1100GK, all of which share the same pads, front and rear. I'm also a pretty aggressive rider, so it isn't as if I take it easy and brake easy. No difference at all, after 18 years of riding GS shafties like yours.

So, I shop price. I buy my pads on eBay, put in the starting bid and let the auction end. Sometimes I'm the only bidder, which means I get the pads real cheap. For example, the last set of pads I bought on eBay were rear ones, EBC brand, for which I paid a total of $11.00, including shipping.

I always have a full set of front and rear pads in the garage, still in the wrapping.

Cheap Nick

Comment

EBC work fine for me, they have a reasonable life, aren't expensive and GS pads are trivial to change. Other things limit standard GS performance long before an OK set of brake pads.

Comment

Working...
          X