A good source for ignitors???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A good source for ignitors???

The ones I need are hard to find. Anybody know of a good source?

Also, is there a way to convert a bike over to another system, ie a Dyna ignition?

Thanks... /|\

Just out of curiosity what makes you think you need an ignitor? http://www.electrexusa.com/ has good parts so I hear but I dont see an option for ignitors. Have you tried the.. dare I say it.. Dealer? It will be expencive as hell from them but if you cant find it anywhere else..

Comment

When I bought the 1982 GS it needed an ignitor. I called the dealer and was told Suzuki does not make it anymore. Through a motosalvage dealer I got a used one for $150. I thought that was a deal because the S dealer said a new one would be $350. I bought the used one and it worls fine. Then several weeks later I found the same one on Ebay and got it for $20!!

Now I have a spare but I have since bought another GS so I was just wondering if you guys had a source for them.

Comment

I havent found an inexpensive source for ignitors. When the ignitor went out on my 1150, I called the dealer and he gave me a price of $457 for the ignitor box. I bought a complete Dyna 2000 programmable electronic ignition system for a lot less than that.

Earl

Originally posted by LongBiker
        When I bought the 1982 GS it needed an ignitor. I called the dealer and was told Suzuki does not make it anymore. Through a motosalvage dealer I got a used one for $150. I thought that was a deal because the S dealer said a new one would be $350. I bought the used one and it worls fine. Then several weeks later I found the same one on Ebay and got it for $20!!

Now I have a spare but I have since bought another GS so I was just wondering if you guys had a source for them.
        Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

So then Dyna is a good source?

Comment

Working...
          X