Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Economy pipe-job for 81 Gs750L

Greetings,

More absurd questions from the nutcase in maryland.

What I wanted to get your opinion on is this. I was reading a bit on exhausts and since the stage-3 jet kit is made to run with a more open exhaust would it be possible to disconnect the stock cans from the header and put another aftermarket muffler/can on the stock pipe?
    That way there would be the dual muffler set-up still but free-er flowing.

Do you all think this will work?
    Basis: Too broke to buy an aftermarket pipe system off ebay or stores.

Thanks all,
    Dm of mD

I ran some supertrapps on mine for awhile but the wife hated the hot feet syndrome.

Comment

Supertrapps? I'll have to look that up.
      How did you put them on? I'm guessing that they are slip-on mufflers?
      Did you have to cut the old mufflers off or just unclamp them. I haven't delved into the exhaust system on the bike yet and want to get a little information before I buy a spare exhaust and mod the stock....or buy an aftermarket single-side megaphone exhaust...which i don't really wanna/can't afford to do.

Dm of mD

Comment

OOH OOH OOH HELP PLEASE!!!

Will an aftermarket exhaust for a "1983 Suzuki GS750 ES"
        Fit my 1981 GS750L???

Oh God please say yes...I may have one that will fit!!!

Dm of mD

Comment

The exhaust systems for the 4 valve engines will not fit the 2 valve motors ... Is your 750 a 2 valver (do you have round cam end caps)?? If so the 83 750es exhaust will not fit your motor.

Comment

Detman101, the 83 GS750 motor got a redesign, to air/oil cooled. The 83 GS750T's got the remaining stocks of the old motor. The exhaust from an 83 and above GS750E or GS700E won't fit earlier 4 valve models. I was looking for an exhaust for my 83 GS750E and found out that the earlier models exhaust doesn't fit, although some manufactuers erroneously say they do. Sorry.

Comment

Oh phooey, I guess thats why the exhaust set was so low on ebay Lol....

Thanks everyone,
              Dm of mD

Comment

Originally posted by Detman101
                Supertrapps? I'll have to look that up.
                How did you put them on? I'm guessing that they are slip-on mufflers?
                Did you have to cut the old mufflers off or just unclamp them. I haven't delved into the exhaust system on the bike yet and want to get a little information before I buy a spare exhaust and mod the stock....or buy an aftermarket single-side megaphone exhaust...which i don't really wanna/can't afford to do.

Dm of mD
                yes I had to cut the old mufflers off the y pipe for each side then used some adaptors from autozone to get up to a 2 inch pipe for the supertrapps to fit. once all that was done the back of the muffler was right under the wifes toes. ( didn't know that it still hurts when she hits the helmet #-o )

Comment

Wow, kewl! Do you have any pictures you could show me or email to me?

Dm of mD

Comment

sorry no I don't that was before I bought a camera( read knew what one was)

Comment

Working...
                    X