Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yet another question

Has anyone seen or used drag handlebars on a gs650
    is it great or does it suck I found a set for under 20 bucks had the thought but wanted some feedback

Keltic

I use 'em on my 77 GS750, the main problem is that the master cylinder banjo bolt can hit the top yoke (triple clamp?). I've used a pair of bar clamps under the bars as a cheap way of raising the bars 1" to get the clearance back. Longer bolts needed!

Tony

Comment

it's tight but can be done.

here are some pics of my bike. i found i needed to turn the banjo bolt?? 180 degrees (useing the brake hose as pivot point so you can visualise it) because the steel hose peice going to the banjoe bolt would hit things because of its bend. so i just made it point in teh other direction.

how strong or tough is your back, with drag bars they can really make a persons back sore on long rides but it does make the bike handle/feel like a completly new bike.

ryan
      78 GS1000 Yosh replica racer project
      82 Kat 1000 Project
      05 CRF450x
      10 990 ADV-R The big dirt bike

P.S I don't check PM to often, email me if you need me.

Comment

The biggest problem is the lines and cables on the handle bars. Most dealers say to sit on your bike holding a broom handle to figure out the dimensions of your new bars.

Steve

Comment

Ryan, that 550Tis in NICE shape! Good lookin' bike!

Comment

Working...
          X