Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the tire size I can use on my 83 GS1100E?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is the tire size I can use on my 83 GS1100E?

Alrighty. Now that yall have given me plenty of ideas to think of for what tires to try for. (thanks)
    Now is the question, what size tire can/will fit my 1983 GS1100E.
    These tires sizes read like Chinese Laundry.
    Presently I have a 100/90 19 Front
    and a 130/90 17 Rear
    Thanks again.
    Doug aka crag antler

83GS1100E, gone
    2000 Kawasaki Concours
    Please wear ATGATT

You may be able to go up to a 110/80 front and 140/80 rear. On the rear the brand of tyre may matter as the profiles vcan be different (ie a 140 in one brand may be wider than another. If in doubt standard sizes are fine.

Comment

Now is the question, what size tire can/will fit my 1983 GS1100E.
      These tires sizes read like Chinese Laundry.
      Presently I have a 100/90 19 Front
      and a 130/90 17 Rear
      Keep in mind the quality of the tire you choose will be more important than the size. A standard size premium tire will perform better than a cheapie oversize one. I would stick to the stock sizes and buy whatever you like. The profile will be correct, and handling should be good as a result.

I'll second the recommendation for Bridgestone BT45's. I have a buddy who races an RD350 on them and loves them. Stick really well and he gets an easy season out of one set. They are even very reasonably priced.

Mark

Comment

Thought I had seen something about putting a 140 on the 83 1100E.

I have a 130 on mine. It fits fine, went on rim easily. I don't know for a fact the the 140 wouldn't fit but from how the 130 fits, the 140 would be a little too snug for me.

Comment

Working...
        X