Electrex Stator Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Electrex Stator Question

I just recieved my stator from electrex last night. The epoxy on the windings is either chipped off in 2 places, or just wasnt covered to begin with. How will this affect operation/performance? What brand/type of epoxy should I use to cover the bare wires? I have emailed electrex with these same questions, but thought I would check with you guys also.

Thanks

Craig

Warranty....use it.
    Why take chances when it's their error?

Dm of mD

Comment

This is the response from electrex, sounds like it isnt a big deal anymore.

No need to worry about the chipping epoxy the wires are dipped several times before being wound onto the steel, We no longer are putting the gray epoxy on the stators and there is no threat of grounding out or any other problems due to the chipping. You still have a 1 year warranty no matter what on the stator.

Best regards,

Adrian Flores

All our products come with a full one year warranty. Parts are usually in stock and available for
      Daily UPS shipping from our Oceanside, CA location.
      Payment can be made through VISA or Mastercard
      __________________________________________________ ___________________________
      Electrex USA Ltd.
      Charging and lighting systems for powersports
      <mailto:adrian@electrexusa.com>

Comment

Good luck then mate.

Dm of mD

Comment

Minor chipping should not affect the performance. The epoxy stops vibration getting to the wires. Keep the email printed off with the receipt etc for warranty purposes. I have not heard any bad things about their back up service.

Comment

I bought an Elextrex stator about 2.5 years ago, and noticed the same thing, chipped epoxy. Called, they said run it anyway, I did. No problems.

Comment

Ahhh Haaa, good to know Mr. Recluse, AKA Andy the Groundhog has come out. :-) :-) :-) Welcome back

Earl

Originally posted by Jeckler
              I bought an Elextrex stator about 2.5 years ago, and noticed the same thing, chipped epoxy. Called, they said run it anyway, I did. No problems.
              Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

That human beings can not bear too much reality, explains so much.

Comment

I got it installed last night, along with a new R/R. Chargings great now, 14.5 VDC

Comment

Working...
                X