Progressive Suspension Update?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Progressive Suspension Update?

The original rear shocks on my '81 GS1100EX still work fine at 10,000 miles, but the springs are overwhelmed by the combined weight of spouse and myself. Is it possible to change out the springs for something heavier and still retain the shock bodies? Anyone had any experience with the 12-series replacement shocks from Progressive (would their heavy duty spring work well with a solo 200 lbs rider?). Any other aftermarket shock model you've tried and can recommend? I'd be interested to hear of your experience with the Progressive Suspension fork springs, too. Thanks, Al.

I have the exact same question for my GS1100EX

Hap

Comment

Originally posted by Hap Call
      I have the exact same question for my GS1100EX

Hap
      I was kinda' counting on you! Well, I'll have to sit back and wait on someone else.

Comment

The Progressive 12 series work very well on 1100 Goldwings riding 2 up with saddlebags and trunk loaded down. They may be too stiff for decent performance in twisties if riding one up though. I am pretty anal when it comes to suspension and riding twisties though. If you do most of your riding just cruising around, they'd be great.

Comment

Working...
        X