More carb stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More carb stuff

Alright. I've ordered the Keyster kits off ebay.

I hope these will work.

Now the next question.

What type of solvent or cleaner is required to clean the carb bodies and stuff, and which parts of the carbs need to be cleaned?

Thanks,

Satch

Re: More carb stuff

The parts/carb cleaner I use is GUNK Hydro Seal II. A gallon can was about $9. You can reuse it, so after soaking a carb body, I just pour it through an old fuel filter and back into the can. You need to take everything out of the carb body. All plastic, all rubber, all jets, washer, springs, gaskets, etc. You soak the BARE carb body. Usually 24 hours is sufficient, but I have had to soak carbs for as long as five days if they were really left clogged for years. The carb kit you bought is for a VM mechanical type carb. I dont know if you realized that that is one kit and rebuilds one carb. If you are doing all your carbs, you will need four of those kits.

Earl

Originally posted by satchmo
    Alright. I've ordered the Keyster kits off ebay.

I hope these will work.

Now the next question.

What type of solvent or cleaner is required to clean the carb bodies and stuff, and which parts of the carbs need to be cleaned?

Thanks,

Satch
    Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

Email them if you need 3 more kits. They will get them out to you I have ordered from them, Delivery is very good 3-5 days

Comment

I got 4 of the kits, so not too worry. Thanks for the heads up on the cleaning stuff Earl. So how do you go about cleaning the jets and stuff, if the gunk only cleans the carb bodies?

Satch

Comment

You can put any metal parts in the carb cleaner. Jets are so small, I would probably just put them in a old glass or jar and a couple ounces of cleaner. :-)

Earl

Originally posted by satchmo
          I got 4 of the kits, so not too worry. Thanks for the heads up on the cleaning stuff Earl. So how do you go about cleaning the jets and stuff, if the gunk only cleans the carb bodies?

Satch
          Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

Usually if you buy a gallon of carb cleaner it comes with a small basket
            for the small parts

Comment

crazy as it sounds

Some bike builder friends of mine use nitro methane you can pick this up at a hobby store (fuel for rc race cars and boats) with clean spotless even in hard to reach areas. hope this helps

Keltic

Comment

Working...
              X