No announcement yet.

HORRIBLY stupid question re:85 gs550e

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's part of the problem, although I have them mostly out of the boots. The space is just so compact that I am having a hard time getting them that last bit out of the boots and, honestly, I'm not sure I want to deal with getting them back in. The money might be well spent.

Comment

I got the carbs out finally! I feel pretty stupid about it, actually. After yanking on them for over an hour Saturday, I removed the boots to the airbox and the carbs were out in about a minute. I'm not sure why I didn't try that in the first place, but it was my first time. I'll know better next time. Thanks, everyone, for your help!

Comment

Back in the honda riding days I have removed carbs on cb650Custom 20 times on and off in one day. Here was my secret. I used an old broom handle. It was soft enough not to damage anything and strong enought to push the airbox out of the way and pop out. I spilled Blood and Guts untill I did it, but it felt so good to know how to do it. And even once i figured it it was still pain in the ass!

Anyway, try to do it yourself with more patience. Everyone here will help you a ton!

So find some wood and try pushing out one end at the time...

I am so happy with the engine and carb design on my gs850. So easy to do anything.

Comment

Back in the honda riding days I have removed carbs on cb650Custom 20 times on and off in one day. Here was my secret. I used an old broom handle. It was soft enough not to damage anything and strong enought to push the airbox out of the way and pop out. I spilled Blood and Guts untill I did it, but it felt so good to know how to do it. And even once i figured it it was still pain in the ass!

Anyway, try to do it yourself with more patience. Everyone here will help you a ton!

So find some wood and try pushing out one end at the time...

I am so happy with the engine and carb design on my gs850. So easy to do anything.

Comment

Working...
          X