New Paint Job need help with detailing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Paint Job need help with detailing

Hi, I am in the final stages of repainting my 81 GS850G but am wanting to do something cool with the tank. Does anyone know where to get tank decals? Any info or suggestiions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,,

I had mine designed already and took them to a crafter. They printed them out for me at the flea market for only 5 bucks each.

Next time I paint this bike its going to be painted not decal-ed.

Dm of mD

Comment

DETAIL

I BOUGHT MY FLAMES AT PURPLEHARLEY.COM .THEY WERE ABOUT 75.OO FOR TANK AND SIDE COVER FLAMES. CHECK OUT WEBSITE AND SEE WHAT YOU THINK. IM VERY HAPPY WITH MINE

Comment

Are you wanting the stock decals? I got my decals at www.reproductiondecals.com . You can find a pic of my 83 1100ed there. Check them out they treated me and my brother right.

Comment

the flames you purchased did you clear coat over it ?

Comment

It is always wise to clear coat over top of decals...unless you may think you will get tired of them and want them off. Eventually the edges will start to lift if not coated. If left on for a long time and you bike is exposed to lots of ultaviolet (not stored inside) you may find that the paint under the decal is of a different shade once the decal is removed. Be pickey about the decal and clear coat.

Comment

Working...
            X