carb synch question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

carb synch question

howdy... question: what do i need to do with the vacuum hose that connects to the gas tank if i'm try to synch my carbs? i was reading the explanation SqDancerLynn1 gave, but it seems like she's saying you hook the synch hoses to where that vacuum line is coming out of the carbs (i thought i'm supposed to connect them to the ports on the sides of the intake boots).

The sync hoses go to threaded holes in the four induction boots (between the carbs and the engine proper). The vacuum line from carb#2 to the petcock can be plugged at the carb as long as the fuel bowls are full to allow the engine to run while you are syncing the carbs.

Comment

Lynn is a he!!

also you will need a auxilery fuel tank, the bowls do not hold enough gas to run the bike long enough to sync the carbs.
      it takes a good 15 minutes to do the job.

Comment

like people have said before, you can place a piece of longer fuel line on the tank and sit it sideways on the bike or you can try and sync them before the carbs run out of fuel, if they do just reattach the tank and prime. Make sure you point a fan at the cylinders while you do it, and plug the vacuum port to the tank/carbs.

Comment

You probably miss read my post or maybe I didn't make it clear

Lynn is a he!!
          I'll never tell :?

Comment

If you're a woman, you're the most badassed one I've ever met on a message board.

Dm of mD

Comment

A Badass Square Dancer named Lynn?

Possibly... Kinda the "Boy Named Sue" syndrome thing.

Comment

Hehe..and don't forget "Bike mechanic" too.

Dm of mD

Comment

hehe, no offense meant to sqdancer i also didn't mean to question your description of the process... i just didn't follow that part. i'm planning on running an extra long hose from the tank to the carbs. so, basically, i can just use something (a pen maybe?) to plug the other end of the vacuum line and i'm good to go?

Comment

If using your tank, you can either run extentions for the fuel and vacuum lines, or just the fuel line and cap the carb vacuum nipple and turn the petcock to "prime". Just make sure the vacuum nipple is completely sealed. Use a rubber cap, a line with a golf "T" in it, a line folded over tightly on itself...
                    And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
                    Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

awesome... thanks again everyone for letting me leech info from you

Comment

Working...
                      X