Carb questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carb questions

So...a couple of questions about this 1980 Suzuki Gs 1100. Would it be easier to get a set of carbs off a newer model GSXR and fit them onto the bike? Would I then have to mess around with jetting to get the bike idle, off idle and accel circuts right? I have no carb boots to mount to the head and right now I am in the process of putting back together a bike that is "mostly" there. Or at least mostly in those boxes. The carbs I have for it now have been dropped at least once and the bowls are broken on 2 of them. Not to mention that no one seems to stock the right carb rebuild kit for them.

Any help would be appreciated,
    Jay

Is it a 1100G or E model? It would be easier to repair yours. Carbs from a air/oil cooled motor should work, I would measure a set from a bandit 1200 for size. NOT from a water cooled motor the spacing is different . You will most likly have to rejet them. Not sure if you have the BS34 or BS36 but the fuel bowls I believe are the same. Sometimes short lengths of radiator hose are used to connect/adapt the carbs to the manifold

Comment

I'm not in front of the frame right now but it is chain drive... that makes it an E model right??

Comment

Chain drive would be E or ES Carb kits are listed in the http://www.DennisKirK.com catalogue as part # 17-0582 GS1100E/ES 80-83 $21.99@ As longt as the main body of the carb is not broken they are repairable

Comment

Great... thanks for the info and help,
          Jay

Comment

Working...
          X