No announcement yet.

battery and speedo problems on new bike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uh, i just did my speedo. It takes something like 15 minutes to replace it.

I found several used speedos on ebay for about $20 -$40. But I got a $60 one since it goes to 140. Speedos are selad units, but quite easy to open.
    Check this out.

As far as the rubber boots go, replace them all. It will be the best money you'll ever spend. Mine were hard as a rock and i got some new ones from www.bikebandit.com. Can't remmember the price, but it was very resanoble.
    You will not be able to tune your carbs properly with air leaking all around those hoses.

Comment

I've decided against POD filters for the interum... I'm just not talented enough or knowledgable enough to handle rejetting and resynching the carbs at this point.

As for the speedo, thanks for the info toolman! I just purchased a new speedo cable, a new tach cable, a new clutch cable, four air intake tubes, a rain suit, a couple bulbs, and a gasket kit. I have no need for the other stuff right now, but I figured I may as well order it to have on hand. And I don't know how much longer any of that would be available, so I figured I'd better grab one now. It's a relatively cheap set of inventory to have on hand in case something goes wrong in 10 years and I can't get anything for the bike any more. I'm surprised at those ground gears on your old speedo toolman... I hope mine is just a cable problem.

Hey Lynn... in case it is the actual meter, do you have one that would fit an '80 GS850? Just in case...

Thanks for your help gang -

Comment

Working...
      X