fuel tank cushions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fuel tank cushions

Before i blow my cork at BikeBandit, I just want to verify I am in the right....

my bike ('82 gs850g) came to me w/o bolts holding the rear of the tank down. It only had the bottom cushions (rubber circle with a nub poking out in which a spacer goes).

I ordered the bolts and upper cushions from bikebandit and the cushions look just like the ones i have. from what i can tell in the schematic, the top should just be a flat , washer-like piece of rubber. I suppose i could razor them to some workable extent, but I'm *@%^$*@%^$*@%^$*@%^$ed that I got sent the wrong part(with the right part # on it incidentally)

should the top cushion just be flat? or I am I going nuts?

hmmm, I have a 1100GZ. The two tank cushions on mine are shaped like little top hats. The smaller portion points up into the slot in the tank flange and there is a metal spacer collar that slips into the cushion. Two bolts with a flat washer hold the tank flange against the frame.
    GY

Comment

On my 81 850 GL I have the 2 top hat type cushions then the tank flange and then 2 more 1/4 inch flat rubber bushings. Then the 10mm bolts with flat washers to hold it all in.

Comment

jay,

that sounds like the correct set up. the top cushions shoud be flat( and there should be four total cushions) from Gerry's post, it sounds like he has only 2 total. 1100 could be different i suppose. Well, I'm not going through the trouble of shipping them back, i'll just cut em to fit, but it annoys me that they are wrong. I mean I went through the trouble of getting OEM parts. I should have just bought a few rubber washers. Oh well live and learn

Comment

Working...
        X