What is it called?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is it called?

It is a type of bolt with a ball for a head, generaly it is used to make levers which gimble a little. Often for gear shifts and such. A cup fits over the ball and is held on with a spring clip. The ball usually has internal threads to recieve threaded rod. What is this bolt and cup combination called :? I have been looking for a place to buy this on the internet, but, unfortunately because I don't know what to call it, my search has been long and unproductive.

What you are looking for is a "spherical rod end". The spherical part is the bushing that moves in all axes and the rod end part is the threaded piece that goes on (big surprise) the end of a rod...

Easiest place to buy them is a local bearing supply house. Internet may be cheaper, but on small quantities it doesn't make much difference and a local source of knowledge with stock you can measure and check out is often worth a few bucks.

Mark

Comment

... or 'Heim joint'. Heim joints are usually one piece though, with a bolt that goes through the ball.

Comment

This might be closer to what you mean. Upper right corner, called a quick disconnect.

Comment

Working...
        X