what engines fit in the 1983 gs750es?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what engines fit in the 1983 gs750es?

Hi, I have the bike listed in the subject, and I would like to swap engines. What bike can I install engines from with minimal work? (ie. engine mounts, or longer chain) I heard 1985 to 1991 gsxr 750 engines will work. Please note that I am looking for an upgrade such as an increase in top end, acceleration and decrease in weight. As well, will I need to change carbs to fit the engine being recommended? Thanks.

Re: what engines fit in the 1983 gs750es?

Originally posted by newjack
    Hi, I have the bike listed in the subject, and I would like to swap engines. What bike can I install engines from with minimal work? (ie. engine mounts, or longer chain) I heard 1985 to 1991 gsxr 750 engines will work. Please note that I am looking for an upgrade such as an increase in top end, acceleration and decrease in weight. As well, will I need to change carbs to fit the engine being recommended? Thanks.
    If you're looking for a straight bolt in then your choice is limited to another '83 750 or an '85 700. Suzuki shrunk these engines from prior years. I was looking to install a GSXR 1100 engine in my '83 GS750es, but it would require more frame mods than I was willing to do at the time. The GSXR 750's are slightly shorter than the 1100(top to bottom) so the swap sounds feasible. Have you found the Street fighter site 7/11? I don't remember the url.

Comment

Re: what engines fit in the 1983 gs750es?

Originally posted by moto_dan
      If you're looking for a straight bolt in then your choice is limited to another '83 750 or an '85 700. Suzuki shrunk these engines from prior years. I was looking to install a GSXR 1100 engine in my '83 GS750es, but it would require more frame mods than I was willing to do at the time. The GSXR 750's are slightly shorter than the 1100(top to bottom) so the swap sounds feasible. Have you found the Street fighter site 7/11? I don't remember the url.
      What would have to be done to fit the GSXR 1100 in the '83 750ES frame ? I've been offered an 1100 motor, just need to know if it's worth pursuing or not. Oh and, it was apparantly one of the later watercooled ones :?

Comment

I'm no authority but my main concern is that the exhaust tubes would crash into the frame at the front of the engine. The water cooled Gixxers were smaller in width than the air cooled jobs.

Comment

Hmm...I hadn't thought about that. I was more concerned about the height of the engine. Oh well, I think I'll do fine with my current engine for a long time. What I do need is a set of GSX-R forks and swingarm.

Comment

Working...
          X