'79 GS 750 Tune Up Specs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'79 GS 750 Tune Up Specs.

Nice site. I just found it. I have a '79 GS 750. I recently moved and I can't find my manual. I don't remember the specs. for tune ups. Can anybody help me? Please! Bikes running a little rough right now and it sure is nice outside. Thanks.

Tune up

From Haynes manual: Spark plug gap .024-.028 in. points gap .014 in.
    cold valve clearance .001-.003 in. Timing is set by using marks on ATU.
    If you own one of these bikes & do any work on it you should get a manual. I have two for mine & the money for them was well spent!

Terry

Comment

Re: Tune up

Hey Terry

I have a 79 750 and I can time and tune it in my sleep. :-) But, what the H..... is an ATU? :-)

Earl

Originally posted by humhead
      If you own one of these bikes & do any work on it you should get a manual. I have two for mine & the money for them was well spent!

Terry
      Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

Re: Tune up

Originally posted by earlfor
        Hey Terry

I have a 79 750 and I can time and tune it in my sleep. :-) But, what the H..... is an ATU? :-)

Earl

Originally posted by humhead

Terry

ATU

Not entirely certain, but it's just possible this is an acronym for Amplitude Tension Unit.

An integral part of a timer unit. Codgers know it better as a pendulum. :twisted:
        Bertrand Russell: 'Men are born ignorant, not stupid. They are made stupid by education.'

Comment

Atu

I'm 99% sure it means automatic timing unit. Got the abbreviation right out of the manual. The part they're talking about looks like an old fashioned centrifigual advance. The two timing marks are on this unit.
          As for sonnambulistic tuning........I hope to be able to pull that off myself someday! My advice was for newbies like me. Once you own something for awhile you can probably teach the author of the manual a thing or two

Comment

Working...
          X