retrofitting aftermarket wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

retrofitting aftermarket wheels

I just stupidly won an aution for a really nice Marchesini rear wheel. It was too cheap to pass up. I guess I figured if i can't make it work I can just sell it again.

This is supposed to go on a GSXR swingarm and hopefully use a GSXR sprocket and brake disk and hopefully nestle nicely into my GS1150 *fingers crossed*

I need to find some hubs (a hub??) for it at least, i believe. I really know nothing when it comes to wheel parts so this all just conjecture at this point.

I noticed (possibly too late) that this wheel has a 6 bolt pattern and i thought that GSXRs had a 5 bolt pattern. Does that mean it will be impossible to fit stardard gsxr bits to this wheel or is there some other way around this issue?

Someone explain to me what my options are, especially dealing with the whole hub issue. The dude I bought this from is selling 2 hubs, though they are supposedly missing the bushings. Is it possible to get custom hubs made that can fit standard GSXR parts? Also it's a 6" rear wheel, what size tires am I supposed to run with that?

I'd also like to get the matching front wheel too but that's a whole nother story

The 5.5" GSXR wheels had 6 bolt sprocket carriers. You should run a 190 and perhaps a 200 on it. Looks to me like the dampers are all there for the sprocket carrier. It doesn't look like GSXR carriers will work. You'll need a 6 bolt rotor. Check with the seller to see what is need or email Marchesini.

Comment

Hmmm, so then I should really only need one of these?

Comment

That would be it. There is probably a bearing support that fits between the carrier and the wheel hub to keep the bearings positioned properly. The Gixxer rotors have 5 bolt patterns as far as I know. You'll probably need an aftermarket rotor, Brembo, AP Lockhart, EBC, and the like.

Comment

Working...
        X