Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rs coils for gs bikes?

I've heard the later GSX coils are compatible, but what about the
    short lived RS 600 & 900 bikes. Has anybody put these coils on a GS?
    I need to replace a coil on my 81 650e. Also -- one coil reads OK,
    should I replace the set anyway?

How do you know the one Coil reads ok?

I dont know about putting the RS coils on. Simply because I have never done it. I have an 82 GS650e and I used the coils off a 79 GS550. They work fine. (shrug)

Do you know what your spark reading should be on your coils? I think it should be somewhere around 8 for a good coil, you could call up a suzuki shop and ask them if those RS coils would work. To my understanding as long as they give off the correct spark then your ok.

Even if the connection is totally different it should work. The coils from the 79 has long positive and negitive wires as apposed to the lil positive and negitive tabs that were my original coils from my bike. I jerry rigged a lil somethin somethin and SHE RUNS AGAIN!

Comment

bad coil

Well, I followed the tip for testing the coil on this here handy-dandy site.
      The primary readings were ok for both coils (4), but for the left side coil, the secondary reading was low -- 18.
      I see JC Whitney sells a universal two-lead motorcycle coil. Anybody know if that one is any good?

Comment

Actually they were RF600 and 900. They should work just like the GSXR, Bandit, and Katana coils will.

Comment

Tim I ALMOST bought those same coils like 30 bucks or something right?

Read the fine print, it says not for use with 4 cylinder motorcycles.

Comment

rF600

Right -- that's rf600.
            Justin -- good call. Dodged a bullet.
            Thanks.

Comment

welcome

Comment

Working...
              X