pipe intake part # 79GS1000

anyone got the part number for part #20 in the picture

bike bandit wants $30 a pop and i need 4 :x

ryan
    78 GS1000 Yosh replica racer project
    82 Kat 1000 Project
    05 CRF450x
    10 990 ADV-R The big dirt bike

P.S I don't check PM to often, email me if you need me.

My 79GS850 which uses the same size 26mm slide carbs uses carb boots pn# 33110-45011 O ring pn# 09280-32006 Try ordering from
    http://www.deniskirk.com They do run about $25 DON"T order from BikeBandit I have orderd from them in the past and had great service My current order that I placed on 2/20/04 I am still waiting for some items on back order

Comment

SQDancer,

can you please review that part number you gave me for the intake boots, it is not comming up on denniskirk or ronayer, and do you think that these boots will work for 29mm smoothbores? (i think they will)

thanks,
      ryan
      82 Kat 1000 Project
      05 CRF450x

Comment

Don't know how I did that, punched the wrong key 13110-45010 I don't know about the smooth bores I suspect they will, Nobody has posted anything about needing different boots on previous smooth bore posts

Comment

yup thanks that will work perfect, i just cross refrenced the part# for your 850 with the part# for my 1000 on bike bandit and they were the same number, so in saying that then the this oem part# you gave works for both the 79 850 and the 79 1000 ...cool

Thanks
          Ryan

PS http://www.ronayers.com has em for $23
          82 Kat 1000 Project
          05 CRF450x

Comment

How do you know if you really need them yet? Are they cracked out?

Comment

because 3 rubber boots pulled off as i pulled the carbs off.......

ryan
              82 Kat 1000 Project
              05 CRF450x

Comment

Yep, being broken in half would certainly indicate getting new ones. :-) :-)

Earl

Originally posted by first timer
                because 3 rubber boots pulled off as i pulled the carbs off.......

ryan
                Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

They should work fine with the 29mm smoothbores as they fit easily with my 28mm carbs. I fiied new ones last week, first replacements ever. Interestingly, the aifilers are now fractionally higher and further forward than before as the fuel tap to hard to move to prime as it fouls the end of the pod filter (oval K&N).

Comment

I've heard the 29's fit the stock manifolds too. And if you like the K&N chrome oval filters, they will fit too. But as saaz says, clearance problems?
                    And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
                    Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

DOH!

Comment

Carb manifold for my '79 GS1000E is part # 13110-49000. I bought a new set for spares and they came with the "Genuine Suzuki Parts" labels on each bag. The o-rings are # 09280-32006.
                        And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
                        Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

My intake manifolds broke apart about three years ago. I refitted them using red RTV. Clean the mating parts with alcohol, Lay a thick bead around the plate, and press the rubber onto it. Leave them on a bench with a book on top for about two days so the RTV completely cures. I haven't had any problems with them, but I haven't had to remove the carbs since then, either. I don't know if it would hold when you pull it apart. I think I'd just do it again if it broke.

Comment

these boots are kicked, dry rotten sun hardened, rusted.... it's better to buy new in this case.

ryan
                            82 Kat 1000 Project
                            05 CRF450x

Comment

Working...
                            X