Fuel line size.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuel line size.

Any reliable way to measure my fuel line size? I just stuck a ruler up to it and it looks like 1/4". Definitely not 3/8's or 5/16's. But if I'm measuring it the wrong way, I suppose that wouldn't matter. I'm tryin' to measure for a new fuel filter.

Thanks.

Re: Fuel line size.

The fuel line is 5/16" inside diameter and your vacuum line is 1/4" inside diameter.

Earl

Originally posted by UncleMike
    Any reliable way to measure my fuel line size? I just stuck a ruler up to it and it looks like 1/4". Definitely not 3/8's or 5/16's. But if I'm measuring it the wrong way, I suppose that wouldn't matter. I'm tryin' to measure for a new fuel filter.

Thanks.
    Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

That's weird. When I measured the line myself, and it already has a fuel filter on it so I'm pretty sure it was the right one, it was only 1/4". Is it possible that someone changed them out?

Comment

Sure, its possible. In a pinch, I have put a 1/4" line on a 5/16 fitting........it isnt easy though. :-)

earl

Originally posted by UncleMike
        That's weird. When I measured the line myself, and it already has a fuel filter on it so I'm pretty sure it was the right one, it was only 1/4". Is it possible that someone changed them out?
        Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

Cool. But if I'm measuring the fuel line correctly, with an outside diameter of 1/4"'s, shouldn't I get the 1/4" size?

Or just get the 5/16" and force it if it's wrong?

Comment

its a rubber hose, all rubber hoses are marked for inside dimensions, outside dimensions are for hardline such as tubing and pipe such as the fuel valve you wanna attach to would be measured as 5/16 OD as the pipe off the valve is 5/16 OD therefor you would need a 5/16 id hose to squish over over.

Comment

Working...
            X