Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rebuilding Carbs, removing needle valve?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rebuilding Carbs, removing needle valve?

The kits I got for the GS650 include needle valves, and need to know how to remove/install them. Looking at the carbs everything else seems straight forward, but it looks like the floats are in the way of taking out the the needle valves. I don't want to destroy the floats but can't see how else to get them out

You need to remove the float pin to remove the floats. Check out the carb rebuld pictures at http://www.thegsresources.com/gs_carbrebuild.htm

Comment

Please use a punch like the guide says. The idiot that owned my bike before me cracked one of the carb posts trying to get the float pin out with a hammer and screwdriver. :roll:

Dm of mD

Comment

Thanks 8)

Comment

A punch should not be needed. Every carb float pin I have removed could be pushed out with the end of a toothpick held between a thumb and finger. A worst, maybe the tip of a ball point pen.

Earl

Originally posted by Detman101
          Please use a punch like the guide says. The idiot that owned my bike before me cracked one of the carb posts trying to get the float pin out with a hammer and screwdriver. :roll:

Dm of mD
          Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

Working...
          X