Case guards!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Case guards!

These are on ebay. it says they are for GS 1100 ES 1983 I have a feeling they will fit my 1980 GS1100E any opinions. By the way there is a stator and Voltage regulator on there too If anyone needs one. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=35595

I know the 82 and 83 are the same but I am not sure about prior to 82. I think I have seen case guards listed for the 80 but the comment in the ebay post said "uses existing hardware on the bike" and did not have any included hardware. I have a set like the one in your post on my 82. The hardware includes little U brackes attach to the tubular frame.
    1982 GS1000S Katana
    1982 GS1100E

Comment

Check these out!

These look different than the others and they include hardware. The seller for the ones that I had seen in the past that indicated they bolt on with existing hardware must have been wrong.
      1982 GS1000S Katana
      1982 GS1100E

Comment

I hate it when you guys post good deals...I paid 25 for mine. Ofcourse they are worth 25 so I'm not going to lose MUCH sleep over it.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by pano
          Check these out!

These look different than the others and they include hardware. The seller for the ones that I had seen in the past that indicated they bolt on with existing hardware must have been wrong.
          Why is the starboard side longer then the port side?

Comment

Good question? Maybe it is an optical illusion?
            1982 GS1000S Katana
            1982 GS1100E

Comment

Originally posted by pano
              I know the 82 and 83 are the same but I am not sure about prior to 82. I think I have seen case guards listed for the 80 but the comment in the ebay post said "uses existing hardware on the bike" and did not have any included hardware. I have a set like the one in your post on my 82. The hardware includes little U brackes attach to the tubular frame.
              The case guards/crash guards i installed on my 650GL had no U bracket. They mounted directly to the upper and lower rear engine mounts. no hardware needed other than what was already present.

Comment

The guards I've got will need a "U" bolt on the middle mounting.

Comment

They are different lengths because the casings are not symetrical.

Comment

Working...
                  X