Minus one bolt...ok?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Minus one bolt...ok?

I have tried and tried and tried...originally three stuck exhaust studs, now there is just one, which broke flush with the surface...and i just broke a damn easy out off...so now it is impossible to drill...grrreat.

should i take it to a machine shop?...or will it be ok with all but one stud bolted down.

Thanks, Ian

I'm just a believer in sticking to the number of bolts the bike was built to have. A shade-tree machine shop in Houston probably would take care of it for maybe $30. If it's much more than that, I'd have to ponder it longer.

Comment

Rabbit I did the exact same thing with my exhaust manifold on my 59 ford fairlane. Broke the damn easyout off and everything. No one in town would even bother with trying to remove it and when someone said they would they gave me an insane price prolly just so I would go away..

Here is what I did, I put penetrating oil on it 4 times a day for 2 days. dried it off really well, got a smaller bolt and welded it to the broken easyout/bolt. I then broke that bolt too lol and figgured eh.. what the hell Ill try again, welded another one on and WELLA it came out. I lost the first few threads inside the manifold but it didnt cost me anything :P

Comment

I currently have one bolt missing, from pipe 2. I occasionally notice a bit of an exhaust leak but nothing major. It's been a year and well over 15,000 miles.

Comment

ihanscom wrote:

I currently have one bolt missing, from pipe 2. I occasionally notice a bit of an exhaust leak but nothing major. It's been a year and well over 15,000 miles.
          now thats what i wanted to hear lol!!!, im ust so fed up with dickin around, all i want to do is ride. if it turns out to be a problem, then i guess i will just have to fix it.

Comment

Working...
          X