Coils

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coils

These coils from JCWhitney.com are a great price. Am I missing something. Why is everyone scrambling around eBay for used ones when these are here and cheap?

Those are not for an I4 motor, they will not physically fit

Comment

True. But would one of these work:

And they should work perfectly for my two cylinder bike, correct?

Comment

For a twin they should work! MOST of the coil post are regarding I4 motors Bandit/GSX coils

Comment

Great. I guess finally I'm at an advantage against all you people with the beasts.

Comment

Should work on inline 4 also.But you must bay 2 of them.
            If the ohms are right ????

GS1000GLx

Comment

Are these gonna be direct replacements, or am I gonna have to fabricate something to make them fit?

Comment

They will most likely not be a direct bolt-on :twisted:

Comment

Great. That'll be fun.

Any ideas for direct bolt ons?

I'm a little mechanically-savy, I can turn a wrench, but I don't have the tools or inclination to be fabricating stuff.

Am I thinking too little of myself?

Comment

Originally posted by UncleMike
                    Great. That'll be fun.

Any ideas for direct bolt ons?

I'm a little mechanically-savy, I can turn a wrench, but I don't have the tools or inclination to be fabricating stuff.

Am I thinking too little of myself?
                    Fabrication is not nearly as hard as it sounds. Especially if the mount being fabricated is hidden, like a coil mount. You can go for effective, if not pretty.

Just use cardboard to trim and shape, then cut metal using the final cardboard piece you shaped and molded as a template.

Then bend, pound, shape, drill, and trim it to fit properly and not rub anything vital.

I got a honda Aspencade trunk and rack on my GS650GL using two re-shaped straight brackets from the hardware store. just bent them into an offset Z for the left, and offset S for the right side. Works like a charm....

Comment

Cool. Thanks.

It's much better than paying an arm and a leg on Ebay for coils that'll fit my bike and are 20+ years old, or paying anohter arm and a leg for Dyna's.

Comment

Hmm, Im one of those that paid an arm and a leg for the dyna's....They are nice though. However, that was before I discovered ebay. Coils from a suzuki sv650 should fit your bike better than those generics from jc whitney.

There's a couple on ebay now.

and: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2467712359

This guy is selling them separately, I've posted the link to one of them.

Sam

Originally posted by UncleMike
                        Cool. Thanks.

It's much better than paying an arm and a leg on Ebay for coils that'll fit my bike and are 20+ years old, or paying anohter arm and a leg for Dyna's.

Comment

Awesome. Bought 'em. $40 for a pair of 2001 coils? Not bad,...

Comment

Not bad at all Mike. Ebay is a vintage bike owners friend

Comment

Yeah, the hardest part is just knowing what will work and what won't.

Comment

Working...
                              X