the saga continues - no power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the saga continues - no power

I had a few earlier posts about this subject, tried some of the things that were suggested but still have the same problem. So here it is ,just purchased 1980 gs 1000g idles ok revs up to about 3000rpm's ok if you turn the throttle slowly if you try and turn it open fast it just bogs out . So I changed the oil put in fresh plugs and took the carbs into the local suzuki shop which they took apart and cleaned for 200 bucks(ouch!!) got the carbs back reassembled everything got it fired up and same problem and as the bike gets warmed up it seems to get worse I even get a litlle backfiring out of the pipes . What should I look at next , possible electrical maybe coils . I really want to get out riding so all help would be greatly appreciated.......thanks.....mark

hmm

check the valves as well maybe out or burnt...

Comment

sync those carbs... they maybe clean and shiny but way out of whack!!! a little turn here a little turn there makes the world of difference

Comment

Maybe it's running out of gas. Try riding around with the tap set to prime instead. A bike will idle all day with little gas but once you sit on it and try to ride away it'll stop.

Steve

Comment

Do you have an airfilter and airfilter box cover in place?

Comment

yes I do , It has the stock airbox but there is a bit of gap between the rubber tubes and the airbox and the airbox has a k&n filter inside

Comment

Working...
            X