Clear All

If it has any of the following it is a 16 valve as far as I know:
    TSCC markings
    Screw adjusted valves
    80 + four banger with a chain

Steve

Comment

Shaft drive

No its a shaft drive so I guess I've got a 8 valve motor without a welded crank. I do not intend to race it anyway. Thanks

Comment

Ya, I would suspect you have a 2-valve engine Quickboat. I just looked in my original 1982 (Canadian) Suzuki phamplet and it doesn't show any GS1100 'L'?? All there is for 1100's is the 1100S (Kat), 1100E, which are both 4-valves and chain drive. The other 1100's are the GS1100GL, G, and GK. These ones are all shafties and 2-valve engines.
        You can check your crank if you pull out the clutch basket and get in there with a small light you will see if the webs are welded or not. I suspect not. I don't think I'd worry about it anyways. I know a few guys who drag race their GS's with stock motors, small slick and bars, with no welded crank and I don't think any of them have twisted a GS crank yet. And if you're not racing, no worries! I think it's risky in a racing situation if it isn't welded, stock or not. I know the Kawi's (KZ) will twist them right now drag racing if they are unwelded.

Comment

Working...
        X