GS850 Replacing a couple seals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS850 Replacing a couple seals

Hoping someone can help me. I am not mechanically inclined but looks like I am going to have to tackle two jobs myself. I have the manual on order but it will be a couple weeks before it arrives. Here is the problem. I am geeting oil leaking from two locations, from where the shifter goes into the case and where the drive shaft goes into the transmission. I have the two new seals but have no idea where/how to start. Has anyone replaced these before and willing to give me some guidance?

I would fix the shifter seal first, it could leak down onto the trans area, and recheck your leaks. The one in the trans requires alot of work. You need to completely remove the swing arm ( it's possible to do it as an assembly with the wheel). Loosen the case bolts around the beveled gear assembly and remove it, You may have to raise the engine slightly. In the beveled gears there is a seal and an O ring that needs to be replaced

Comment

My manual is still not here and I would like to tackle this job. Is anyone able to scan the relevant page for replacing the shifter seal for me?

Comment

I don't have a manual but maybe the online parts schmatic (sp) from Bike Bandit (www.bikebandit.com) would be helpful to you.

Good luck!

Comment

Working...
        X