Broken VM26 carb.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Broken VM26 carb.

I have a 79 Gs850gn and while stripping the carbs I broke off the pilot mixture screw in its hole . the tip broke off and I can not get it out. I don't think this is repairable , but maybe someone out there has a way to do it.
    my other option is to get a replacement carb. Been looking for two weeks
    and can't find one or four. Anyone know where I can find one.

Thanks guys
    PS this site has been of great help to me in rebuilding my bike.

It's not repairable. If you could drill it you would damage the hole and that carb would'nt operate right. You will have to get the same carb (#1 or 2...) as the damaged one. I see them on E-bay. They usually go for around $40-50? Just ask questions so you don't receive another damaged one. You might want to post in the "parts wanted" section here.
    And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
    Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

There are some on E-bay right now. Current bid $50. The bidding closes in 2 hours. The seller says they're for a '79 GS850. I'm too dumb to provide a link. They are under discription "Suzuki GS1000", first page.
      And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
      Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

See if these will work for you. They are 26mm carbs off a running GS850 according to his add.

They are currently at $40.00 USD and look really clean.

Ebay Item number: 2468354765

Rock on!

Comment

And here is another set of 26mm's off a GS1000.

Currently at $14.95 Item number: 2468533589

Jammin

Comment

You could use a set from a GS750/850/1000 Just use your original jets and needles

Comment

if u can use a carb of a 81 gs 750 e u can have one of my old ones. the set that came with my bike had been JB welded and only God knows what else. but i bet there is at least one good one out of the four . i don't recall right now what size they are. maybe someone will know.

Comment

I believe an 81 750 uses 32mm CV carbs and a 79 850 would use 26 mm VM manual slide carbs. Also, the induction tubes on the 79 are flanged whereas the induction tubes on the 81 are straight. They's aint a gonna fit. :-)

Earl

Originally posted by Sue Ann
                if u can use a carb of a 81 gs 750 e u can have one of my old ones. the set that came with my bike had been JB welded and only God knows what else. but i bet there is at least one good one out of the four . i don't recall right now what size they are. maybe someone will know.
                Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

broken carb

Thanks everyone for your help , this site is so good and your all so enthusiastic I've been fixed up already , with a VM26 .
                  Thanks
                  Keith

Comment

Rock on!

Comment

Working...
                    X