No announcement yet.

Battery leads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't do that Mike. Let what is in there in there. Just add some distiled water to the ones that need it. Trickle charge away just like Earl said and you'll be fine. You want your battery out of your bike right now anyway as you are working on it and not ready to ride yet anyway

Comment

I usually keep the level at the full line on the battery, but anything between the lines would be fine.

If youre past the line a little bit, I wouldnt worry about it. Just be sure you have a vent tube on the battery so any overflow doesnt drain onto the bike.

I would not take a syringe and remove electrolyte from one cell and put it into another. The reason is that water in the battery "boils"/evaporates away, but acid does not. Each cell needs a specific amount of acid. If you remove electrolyte from a cell, you are also removing acid and when you put that into another cell, obviously you would be adding acid. This would result in some cells not having enough acid and others having too much.

Earl

Originally posted by UncleMike
      There are two lines on my battery. Should the electrolyte be inbetween the lines, or right up to the top? Is is bad if they're past the lines? Can I take a syringe and remove some from one channel and place it in another to even them?
      Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

Good point.

Thanks.

Comment

Better clarification than I gave you but that is the reason. Earl is more patient in the posting than I am

Comment

Working...
          X