Engine Id

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Engine Id

I have an 85 1150 I am trying to figure our the engine displacement. As I recall the displacement is in the number stamped on the casing near the rear brake lever.......Mine reads 1058 is this accurate for an 1150, as I recall that is the same numbe rthat my 1100s had.... Just seeing if it is a swapped engine or just a figment of my imagination. thanks

I think the 1150s have hex key valve cover screws and rubber valve cover gaskets.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by srivett
      I think the 1150s have hex key valve cover screws and rubber valve cover gaskets.

Steve
      Yeah the valve cover is quite a bit different on the 1150s.
      What is the engine serial number? Next to the oil fill.
      The 1100s (at least the 82 and 83 E models) start with GS1100.

Comment

it states :
        V701 105840 then right next to it 3200ml

The head is right. It is completely different from my 1100.(as i remember) ..\
        The only thing that gets me is the engine color. AS I recall all 1150 are black w/ silver fins,correct?
        Mine is cases are black head is black bt cylinder bores are plain silver. Is there a poossiblilty that this is different, maybe and overbore?

Comment

Re: Engine Id

Displacement is 1135cc. The stock engine/transmission is all black, including the carb bodies, with the exception being the edge of the cooling fins which are silver. The headers and mufflers are also black.

Earl

Originally posted by bybowtie
          I have an 85 1150 I am trying to figure our the engine displacement. As I recall the displacement is in the number stamped on the casing near the rear brake lever.......Mine reads 1058 is this accurate for an 1150, as I recall that is the same numbe rthat my 1100s had.... Just seeing if it is a swapped engine or just a figment of my imagination. thanks
          Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

Yeah the cylinders were originally black. But your serial starts the same as my 84 1150. So I'd say for sure the bottom end is an 1150. Your probably right about it having been bored and they removed the paint at the same time. That would be my guess.
            Don't know if the jugs from an 1100 would fit the 1150 or not??

Comment

hmmm well then everything but th cylinder bores works out.. the exhaust is a yokahama and the carbs are black with pods... Well at least its an engine just wish I could tell if the displacement was correct....

Comment

OK, I thought it was on the cylinders somewhere. Went out in garage and looked it over.
                Look on the front bottom left side of the cylinders, straight down from the #1 exhaust pipe. It will have the displacement stamped on there (actually raised numbers on a pad). The 1100 has 1074 and the 1150 has 1135.

Comment

A compression test will tell you if it's had the compression ratio upped will it not? In Ontario you receive a list of all owners when you buy a vehicle so with a few letters of enquiry you can find out everything unless you're bike's been passed around from guy to guy like my 400.

Steve

Comment

1135 under #1 cylinder, thanks to everyone.. Guess got one w/o paint!

Comment

Working...
                    X