Throttle Cable Adustment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Throttle Cable Adustment?

Hey guys, I get a increase in throttle when the handle bars are turned in one direction (I think its right). What causes this. Is my throttle cable too tight or something? It idles fine when bars are centered or turned the other direction ie; to the left.
    Thanks
    Jim

the cable is probably not routed properly or perhaps you have the wrong length of cable . I would make sure that the cable is not hung up on anything on it's way through and that it has a good flow all the way eg: no kinks or real sharp bends .there is also an adjustment on mine which is a 1980 1000g at the top of the carbs and if that is too tight it could possibly cause the idle to go up when the bars are turned so check these out should be a pretty easy fix. You will probably have to take your tank off to get a real good look at the cable adjuster ....mark

Comment

Re: Throttle Cable Adustment?

Most likely, the throttle cable housing is routed incorrectly between the carbs and handlebargrip. If you have replaced the cable, you may have ordered a replacement that is too short.

Earl

Originally posted by Quickboat
      Hey guys, I get a increase in throttle when the handle bars are turned in one direction (I think its right). What causes this. Is my throttle cable too tight or something? It idles fine when bars are centered or turned the other direction ie; to the left.
      Thanks
      Jim
      All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Jim, it could just be your throttle cable adjustment. My cable is routed correctly but will exhibit the same effect if there is insufficient slack in the cable. Suzuki owner's manuals usually specify the proper amount of throttle cable slack......I find the specified amount too large for smooth riding so I use the adjuster at the handlebar throttle cable housing to remove slack until no rpm increases are produced when the handlebar is turned from lock to lock. The amount of slack necessary to accomplish this is usually very small.

BB

Comment

Working...
        X