Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Directionals not directionaling.... is that a word?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Directionals not directionaling.... is that a word?

I finally got my GS750 running perfect and now the only thing holding me back is the blinkers arent blinking. Is there a module on the bike somewhere that controls them or is it that just sitting around for 5 years the bulbs are all shot? When I turn them on they will hesitate and then go on (they all work and go on) but they wont blink.... Thanks in advance....

Try replacing the flasher unit, should be under the side cover with the regulator. Small round can type of thing, with I think a two prong plug? Safe Riding, Bill

Comment

Try pulling the lid off the flasher can and cleaning up the contact in there. That might be all it needs.

Kim

Comment

Check the bulbs first. When I got my bike the signals would light (but not blink) on one side. If it lights you'd figure the bulb is okay, right? When I checked the front signal I found that the signal filament had broken and was laying across the running light filament. Therefore, it could go to ground, but the different resistance wouldn't allow the flasher to cycle. Anyway, regardless of whether you have running lights or not, I would check and clean all the bulbs, sockets, leads and simple connections before I would do check anything else.

Comment

Working...
        X