need aftermarkert parts for 79 gs550

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need aftermarkert parts for 79 gs550

I have a 1979 Suzuki GS 550L and i need some aftermarket parts (performance, bags, looks anything) i'd like to sp*ce it up a bit anyone help on WHERE i can FIND these parts
    Thank You

Ebay is your friend.
    There are all kinds of places that sell the stuff too
    but if you get good at shopping on Ebay you will almost
    always get the same stuff for way less even after the
    shipping.

Try searching using this line with the parentheses
    (Suzuki GS550,GS 550,GS-550)
    Check the box to search title and description.
    Should bring plenty of hits.

Comment

i tried ebay just that i dont knwo what im looking for so i can only searhc "79 gs550" nothign usually comes up but ill keep trying
      thanks

Comment

Originally posted by 79GS550
        i tried ebay just that i dont knwo what im looking for so i can only searhc "79 gs550" nothign usually comes up but ill keep trying
        thanks
        Use that search line I gave you including the parenthesis and just copy and paste it in the search and check the box like I said for search title and description. Leave out the year. You will find plenty I assure you

Comment

Ebay will be your friend. Don't expect much in terms of performance parts. You may luck into a header and pipe but there's no jet kit that I know of for your VM carbs. Ask AOD how he finally jetted his '77 bike or see the suggestions on jetting at motorcyclecarbs.com. You may want to add Accel coils and wires or ones from a Katana and maybe a Dyna elec ign, though that last will give you more in terms of reliability than a performace jump. If you want to experiment you could try GS650 pistons or, no kidding, '79-'81 Honda CB650 pistons which have the same stroke as yours (55.8 mm). But you're on your own in terms of a head gasket though I imagine a new one for your 550 could be made to fit. Finally, there's a thread on GS550 performance possibilities in the Performance forum you might want to check.

Comment

Working...
          X